5 Reasons to look beyond just the "cost" of a cheap laserhead refurbishment:
- CTP Laserheads are complex assemblies of many finely regulated components: laser diodes, power supplies, alignment and focusing mechanisms, shutters, cooling mechanisms… All these are controlled by proprietary electronics and software. A laserhead failure can be caused by a failure of any one of these sub-systems. Only knowledgeable technicians, working in a proper environment with the right tools and software, can accurately diagnose and refurbish a CTP laserhead.
- Some technicians can tweak a failing laserhead by boosting the power supply to simulate a real refurbishment and eek out a few more months of useful output. Like a car's odometer, the "life" of the laser can be reset to zero hours (or a very low number) to fool someone into believing that their laser was actually replaced. This is a common practice by many who fraudulently claim to "refurbish" laserheads with "new" lasers.
- The core element of a laserhead is the laser assembly (laser diodes and lenses). Eventually, the power output of this unit will degrade to an unusable level for plate making. This entire unit must be replaced to maintain the correct alignment of the laser beam. This entire unit, by itself costs several thousand dollars. Don't be fooled by crooks who swear they have replaced your laser but in fact have just reset your laserhead's "odometer".
- EZ Hi Tech is the only company that has developed a "better than new" laser replacement for Creo/Kodak Trendsetter and Magnus laserheads, working in close collaboration for over three years with a European laser manufacturer. We don't just replace your laser assembly with another one coming from a discarded CTP. We install a brand new laser assembly in your laserhead and we back it up with our industry-leading warranty.
- Why do we say "better than new"? Our laser assembly is hermetically sealed, dramatically reducing the degradation of the laser due to environmental factors. Our laser assembly yields greater power output because it is more recently developed and technically more advanced. Because of this and because of the expertise of our technicians, we are the only company that can offer extended warranties of up to 5 years on Trendsetter and Magnus laserhead refurbishments.